In this video we’ll show you how to get this simple, yet sophisticated, half-updo braid. It’s the perfect solution for disguising dirty roots when you’re in-between-washes. Plus, it’s really easy to do – and only takes a couple of minutes to achieve!
What you’ll need:
Let’s get started:
– Take a small section of hair at the front of your head, near your temple.
– Separate into 3 pieces.
– Start with a normal plait. Crossing the front strand over the middle section. Then the back strand over the middle section.
– Add hair in to the front and back strands from the side of your head as you continue.
– When you reach the back of your head, finish with a normal plait.
– Secure the end with a hair grip.
– Now, repeat on the other side!
– Pin each braid in place at the back of your head. The braids should sit at the base of your head, above the nape of your neck.
– Cross one braid over the other.
– Set your style with hairspray so it stays in place all day!
Discover more step-by-step tutorials with our new Birchbox Essentials series.