In honour of our 5th birthday celebrations in June, we teamed up with Whittard of Chelsea to include a little extra treat in every June Birchbox – a selection of three of the brand’s delicious tea blends. Here’s how to take them from cuppa to cocktail when you’re in the mood to par-TEA…
Earl Grey Martini
– 50ml gin
– 1 Earl Grey teabag
– 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 25ml sugar syrup
– 1 egg white (optional)
1. Infuse the teabag in the gin for 10 minutes at room temperature.
2. Combine the tea-infused gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker.
3. Dry-shake without any ice to emulsify the egg.
4. Open and add ice; shake again until cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Lemon & Ginger Lemonade
– 1 Lemon & Ginger teabag
– 150ml boiling water
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 150ml cold water
– 50ml premium gin
– Juice of 2 lemons
1. Infuse the Lemon & Ginger teabag in the freshly boiled water for 10 minutes.
2. Add honey and stir until dissolved, then add the cold water, gin, lemon juice and ice.
3. Stir, pour into a tall glass filled with ice, garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy!
Birchbox tip: This recipe can also be made alcohol free as a delicious and refreshing summer lemonade or the gin can be replaced for vodka… let us know how you prefer it!
Mango & Bergamot G&T
– 1 Mango & Bergamot teabag
– 100ml 80°C water
– 30g sugar
– Gin of your choice
– Tonic water of your choice
1. Infuse the Mango & Bergamot teabag in the water for 10 minutes, then remove.
2. Stir in the sugar until dissolved, then allow to cool. (Pssst, this tea syrup can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge until needed or for up to 2 days!)
3. Add the tea syrup to your usual measure of gin & tonic. Delicious!
Get your June Birchbox today and receive 3 Whittard of Chelsea teabags in every tin – as well as 5 beauty treats!