We know you loved our favourite lunchtime salad in a jar recipes, so when our Marketing Exec Aleks strolled in to the office with a jar full of breakfast-y goodness, we knew that we had to share her nutritious and delicious porridge recipe. It’s yummy whether you’re after a desk breakfast or a morning at home snack:
This delicious recipe not only keeps me full until lunch, but it’s so simple – all the ingredients pile on top of each other into a jam jar for transporting and eating. The lauric acid in coconut oil helps reduce bad cholesterol, plus it’s naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, so it will keep colds at bay. All measurements are approximate and you can adjust the amounts to your personal preferences – more or less almond milk, more or less cinnamon, etc. The possibilities are endless! But here’s how I do it:
- 1/2 cup oats (45g)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (237ml)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mixed fruit
- The night before, put your oats, chia seeds and almond milk in jar. Once closed, shake the jar to mix it together.
- Let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Before leaving for work in the morning, add your coconut oil, cinnamon and fruit.
- Once you get to work, heat the jar in the microwave for 30-45 secs until it’s slightly warmer than room temperature. This should be enough to melt the coconut oil.
- Stir and enjoy!