If there’s one month of the year that calls for a red lipstick, it has to be December. In fact, that’s exactly why we’re giving you the chance to pick your full-size lip product for your December Birchbox. We get that red lipstick can be polarising so we’re going to show you two ways to rock it this festive season – as a bold, bright lip or a more pared-back stain.
1. THE CLASSIC PARTY LIP
1. Line the edges of your lips using the tip of the lipstick. LOC‘s long-lasting formula means there’s no need for a separate liner – but defining the edges first will help you create a precise shape.
2. Press your lips together to help set the colour in place, and to help the inner edges blend out. You don’t want any harsh lines!
3. Fill in the centre of your lips.
4. Simple – a classic red lip that works for every occasion.
2. THE LAID-BACK STAIN
1. Apply the lipstick to your fingertips. Just a small amount to begin with – you can always build up the colour later.
2. Pat the lipstick onto your lips using your fingertips. Try to press the product into your skin to help the colour last.
3. Blot your lips using a bit of tissue paper then check the colour. If you want a more pigmented finish then repeat steps 1 and 2.
4. Ta-da! The more layers you apply, the longer your stain will last. It’s a great, fuss-free way to wear a red lip – and there’s no risk of the colour transferring throughout the day.
To create these looks we used the LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Color Me Confident. To get your lips in tip-top condition, and for long-lasting results, buff away dead skin using a soft toothbrush or a lip scrub – and apply a small amount of lip balm for the perfect base.
Psst… still not up for a red lip? When you get your December Birchbox X Matthew Williamson you can choose to receive the LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Color Me Confident or the Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Natural Rose. Perfect for days when you just want a hint of pink colour! Get your box today to choose yours.