The 2014 Cannes Film Festival has kicked off and over 1000 films will premiere at this year’s event! Need a cheat sheet for office conversations? Here are some pretty fascinating vital statistics:
- 1 = females who have won the Palme D’or– Jane Campion for The Piano (1993).
- 3 = times the spectacular red carpet is replaced per day.
- 12 = days the Film Festival lasts.
- 35 = cost (in Euros) of the average main course at a Cannes hotel during the festival.
- 62 = number of years the Cannes Film Festival has taken place in May.
- 1367 = kilometres between our Birchbox London HQ and Cannes.
- 2000 = metres of red carpet used each year.
- 3000 = number of journalists that attend each year– the Olympics is the only bigger media event.
- 200,000 = number of directors, actors and fans that descend on the city for the festival.
- 20 million = the approximate budget (in Euros) for the whole festival. Half comes from public funding, half is from group contributions and the official partners.
Not a subscriber yet? Get a carefully curated selection of beauty products delivered to your door every month – find out more about Birchbox here!