To quote designer Lulu Guinness – our box collaborator in March – “Every strong lip needs a groomed perfect brow and eye look to pull it all together!” and we couldn’t agree more! A product’s ability to outlast our long, busy days is equally important, so we enlisted our PR Intern, Mimi, to test Benefit Cosmetics’ Stay Don’t Stray, which ALL subscribers will receive in their March Birchbox. It’s a foolproof primer that ensures your concealer and eye make-up will stay all day. See how we got on!
- 7.30 AM: After applying my base and a swipe or two of Gimme Brow, I add a couple dots of the Stay Don’t Stray under my eyes and onto the eyelids, then blend out with my ring finger.
- Once it’s dry, I apply my usual eye make-up. For work, I like to keep things pretty simple with a little matte brown eyeshadow along my lash line to add some definition.
- To finish, I add a brightening under eye concealer. Benefit’s Fakeup is a two-in-one under eye concealer and featherweight moisturiser. The crease-proof formula holds light-reflective pigments that masks dark circles and I find the Stay Don’t Stray really smooths the surface so the concealer glides and blends in easily.
- 1.30 PM: Lunchtime check-in and I’m happy to report so far so good – everything’s still in place, even after a particularly packed tube ride to work!
- 7.00 PM: Before leaving work, I glam things up a bit for dinner and drinks with friends. I apply a touch more of the Stay Don’t Stray to my lids to prime them for a darker, taupe-y eyeshadow that I buff all over my lids and softly onto my lower lash line, then blend with a fluffy brush.
After a full day of Stay Don’t Stray, I can happily confirm that both my eyeshadow and concealer lasted the entire evening – no creasing and no wearing off, right up until I removed it! The formula contains sodium hyaluronate, which helps to pump moisture to the skin, as well as vitamins C and E to stave off wrinkles, so it’s perfect for all skin types, including my normal to dry skin. I’m totally converted!