With summer in full swing, you may want to try out some new perfumes. Right now, the olfactory delights sitting on our vanity tables are symbolic of the many facets of the summer season: they are light, delicate and fresh, sometimes playfully tropical and sexy. From sun-kissed scents to fiery fragrances, these perfumes have put holiday smiles on our faces. Whether you’re a quiet romantic or more of the outgoing kind, we at JolieBox have put together a lush list of perfumes suitable for every personality…
1. Citrus burst: Calvin Klein‘s CK One Summer, £29.00, is a unisex perfume brimming with tangy scents of lemons and tangerines. It will make mouths drool and is ideal to sport in the sweltering heat, as it will give you a refreshing boost all throughout the day.
2. English romance: the one perfume which will sweep ladies off their feet this season, is Wild Bluebell by Jo Malone (available from September 2011). This very floral scent, spiced up with a touch of cloves, will lift your spirits and invite you into the quiet secrecy of a perfect summer forest.
3. A timeless number: Trish McEvoy‘s N°9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk, £40.00, is a fragrance we spritzed on at the Liberty Beauty Hall launch and loved. We had the chance to discover the brand and their delightful fragrances, and this perfume was the one that struck our chords. It is a classic scent, which we think is ideal for this season: its fruity and floral mixture is all the rage, and its extra touch of vanilla is the cherry on the cake.
4. Soft and summery: Un Jardin sur le Toit by Hermès, £56.00, is our founder Thérèse’s personal favourite. Its fresh and refined scent, which combines florals, fruits and a touch of green grass, reminds one of the pleasures of basking under the shade on a warm summer’s day. Released in the spring of 2011, this scent will carry on into the summer. Think Paris, rooftop gardens and an absolute sense of liberation.
5. Luxurious temptation: set your skin ablaze with our top pick, Archives 69 by Etat Libre d’Orange, £74.00 – this unique fragrance is a mixture of fruity, flowery and peppery scents, which together form a delectably seductive perfume for the mysterious and adventurous woman.
What scent have you fallen in love with this season?