Meet Sam and Gemma – aka This is Mothership. In case you haven’t met them before, in a nutshell, Sam is an award-winning beauty editor and Gemma is a fashion and celebrity stylist. Oh, and they’re both busy mamas who have just created a sell-out limited edition Birchbox x This is Mothership box with us! Over to them…
We were so excited to partner with Birchbox to bring our limited edition box. Although it’s now sold out you can still get all of the products inside at The Birchbox Shop – it’s an edit eof everything that a woman really needs in order to face motherhood, head on. As with everything we recommend at This is Mothership, we’re only interested in a product if it will make you look better, look more awake or feel great. So each of these products has been personally picked by us because, quite simply, they do what it says on the tin – from defining eyes to perking up our sleep deprived skin. We hope you love them as much as we do.
INSIDE THE BOX
Here’s exactly why we love the products we’ve chosen…
Benefit They’re Real! Mascara: For us, a mascara needs to do three things – lengthen, thicken, and separate. Oh, and stay put. (Okay – four things!) This one genuinely delivers on all fronts.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Taupe: Everyone should have this caramel shade in their make-up bag. Sweep it on for a subtle daytime look, or layer up for more of a smokey effect.
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner: We swear by a feline flick when we need our eyes to look instantly wider and more awake.
Cowshed Cow Pat Moisturising Hand Cream: There’s no waiting around with this hand cream! It sinks straight into skin so you can crack on with your day.
ELEMIS Superfood Day Cream: Think of this as a green smoothie for your skin. Brimming with everything from cucumber to broccoli, it’s an instant complexion pick-me- up.
This Works in transit no traces: Great when you’re feeling totally wiped out, these pads are like a 30-second mini facial.
Percy & Reed No Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo: We rely on this and a tactical topknot to see us through the week in style. The ultimate timesaver.
The Wet Brush® Original: There aren’t many beauty tools that the whole family get on board with, but this detangler is one of them. Belle and Leo even have their own!
Now your products are taken care of, let’s talk style! Here are our five, fuss-free fashion rules to live by…
1. Good fitting denim is key. Find a pair that fit you well and make you feel great about your body when you put them on. Then double up on the shade of denim you wear the most!
2. There is really no need to own or wear a white bra. Seriously, nude and black will cover all outfit options. White always shows through your clothes and will quickly become dull in colour.
3. During the journey of motherhood it’s always worth investing in bags and shoes, as these will always fit your changing body. Stick to classic colours or a timeless leopard print (just like this Birchbox!) and they’ll last a lifetime.
4. Don’t forget jewellery! It makes an outfit look instantly pulled together. If you’re only putting on jeans and a t-shirt then adding a necklace will instantly add personality to your outfit.
5. When you go shopping, only buy things that make you feel good and that you LOVE.
Get the Birchbox x This is Mothership Limited Edition box today. (We only have limited stock so it won’t hang around for long!)