Don’t get us wrong, we love a fun-filled night out with the girls here at Birchbox HQ, and we have many glam make-up tutorials to show for it – my latest favourite is from smoky-eyed goddess Mila Kunis. However, there are some (really) long days where the idea of sinking into a bath surrounded by candles and the latest glossy is the perfect way to spend an evening, so we’ve rounded up our favourite products for the ultimate pampering sesh:
- Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil should come with a warning sign. It knocks you out, in the best way. I experienced my first bath with this heavenly oil at the weekend and was so relaxed that making it back to my room, turning off the lights, and getting into bed seemed like a huge effort…
- Follow up your bath with a rich body butter to keep skin silky smooth and hydrated – hot water can dry out the skin. We’ve hand-picked a selection of our favourite scents from the Korres Body Butter range; Jasmine, Fig and Guava for our e-shop.
- It’s important to give your skin some extra TLC every now and again. Cleansing balms are a great way make sure you’re doing a thorough cleanse at least once a week (twice or three times a week if you have more problem skin). They’re to be used with a muslin cloth that can removes make-up as well as be buffed into the skin as a gentle exfoliator. The RMK Rose Cleansing Balm is super gentle and effective – plus, it smells divine.
- WEI‘s Ginko Leaf Treatment Pads use hyaluronic acid to boost dehydrated skin with calming ginko leaf extract to soothe, leaving a refreshed, balanced and restored complexion. It’s also great for balancing out discolouration and pigmentation. We’ve been using it on top of cleansed skin for 10-15 minutes in the bath and the results have been amazing.
- Take the time to pay extra care to your hands and nails with the (Tatler award-winning!) Révérence de Bastien Unguent For Nails & Cuticles. Rub this sweet smelling treatment into cuticles and nails to soften and nourish.
- After applying your facial mask, take multi-tasking to the next level by applying a hair mask when taking your next soak. For damaged, colour treated hair we love the Leonor Greyl Huile de Palme, it smells gorgeous and leaves the hair looking healthy and super shiny.
What products do you turn to when in need of a pamper? Let us know in the comments below!
Image via reneelouiseanderson.tumblr.com