Every beauty editor will preach the importance of good cleansing and we’re no different. With thousands of products out there promising an army of results, finding the right one for you can be a little daunting. Look no further – editorial exec Grace shares our star products for your skin.
BALM-Y FOR BALMS
- Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm has become a cult classic in the skincare world and is my cleanser of choice for day-to-day use. People often have misconceived ideas that they’re meant for normal to dry skin, but don’t let their oil-based formulas fool you. Remember; oil attracts oil, so impurities are successfully and gently lifted without stripping the skin. It manages to throughly cleanse while keeping skin feeling hydrated and happy – no tight, thirsty skin to be had here. Works a dream with partnering cloths.
- RMK Cleansing Balm is our Sr. Marketing Manager, Vicky’s favourite, it works a charm on her normal to dry skin. “It’s really easy to use and removes all my make-up quickly without making a mess. It’s nourishing and the calming rose scent is gorgeous – I even took it to Glastonbury with me this year!”
- Merumaya’s Melting Cleansing Balm is a super gentle, no fuss option that leaves skin feeling refreshed and comfortable all day. Great for all skin types but works particularly well on normal to combination or problem skin. Look out for cleansers with natural plant-based oils over mineral ones like this one, they’re better for your skin.
- Balms should be applied to dry skin, massaged in and then buffed away using a muslin cloth. Emma Hardie’s Amazing Face Dual Action Professional Cleansing Cloths are my favourite – the muslin side buffs away dead skin cells for gentle daily exfoliation while the micro fibre side polishes and perfects.
- Ren’s ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser harnesses purifying clay to lift impurities and excess sebum from the skin. Perfect for oily and problem skin, the antibacterial formula prevents future breakouts in a gentle, effective way. It’s saved my skin on many occasions when it’s been in need of some serious unclogging!
- Alpha-H’s Balancing Cleanser is a creamy lotion that removes all make-up while working to correct the skin’s natural PH balance. It can be used on all skin types and is a lighter alternative to rich balms – it’s a great everyday option. It lives in my shower for a morning pick-me-up.
STEP IT UP
- Murad’s AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser is a powerhouse of high-performing acids including salicylic, lactic and glycolic (read up on these here!) that clarifies pores and stimulates cell turnover for brighter, plumper looking skin. Perfect for normal to oily or ageing skin.
GENTLY DOES IT
- Carole Franck Soothing Cleansing Milk is a French skincare gem that contains iris and chamomile to calm sensitive or angry skin. The gentle formula reduces inflammation and accelerates healing.
- Clarins Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream gives a thorough, super-gentle cleanse to dry or easily irritated skin. Nourishing shea butter and jojoba oil leave the skin feeling soft and comfortable. A spa cleanse in a tub.