Birchbox senior editorial manager Beth has a bathroom cabinet overflowing with fabulous products plus an enviable beauty stash on her desk too! As a beauty editor, she’s constantly testing the latest products out there, as well as returning to her classic favourites. Every week or so, she’ll share a handful of her star products with you so you’ll know what’s worth spending your hard-earned cash on. Listen up!
- I’ve been relying on the wonderful Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter to moisturise my limbs ahead of summer exposure, along with the deeply moisturising Weleda Skin Food on the driest areas – feet, knees and elbows! Lighter than regular Creme de Corps, this ‘whipped’ texture sinks easily into skin and is perfect for everyday use.
- My hair’s been feeling really fine lately, so I’ve been using the triple threat of Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Plump ‘N Thick® Thickening shampoo, creme conditioner and mist to keep my tresses looking voluminous and healthy. Plus, I love the scent!
- Nourishing products I can really feel working get my vote, and Avene’s Cleanance Masque – specifically for blemish-prone skin – is a gentle but effective mask to deep clean pores, regulate sebum production and exfoliate away dead skin cells. The inclusion of white clay mattifies the skin and this mask always leaves my face feeling soothed and treated. It’s a weekly treat.
- Murad Hydro-Dynamic® Ultimate Moisture For Eyes is the eye cream I’ve been searching for. So many eye products feel too heavy for my skin and lighter formulas often don’t have strong effects… but this light formula packs a heavyweight punch. Since our Brand Director Antony handed it over I’ve been using it morning and night every day and it’s really working to smooth the appearance of the fine lines that have started appearing around my eyes, as well as helping to boost skin resilience to new ones forming. Must-have.
- I never thought a cleanser would brighten up my bathroom, but the gorgeous design on Shu Uemura’s Ob Collection Cleansing Oil Fresh makes me smile no matter how early I have to get up. I have combination skin – dry cheeks with a pretty oily T-zone – and this cleanser has worked wonders for my skin. It doesn’t make my skin feel tight after emulsifying and I love the fresh scent.
I’d love to know what your skin concerns are so we can tackle them here on the blog and make some suggestions for you! Comment below and let us know.